What is Kinesio Taping?
Kinesio Tape (also Kinesiology Tape) is an elastic therapeutic tape with an acrylic adhesive offering support and stability to joints and muscles without affecting circulation and range of motion. It is effective in treating athletic injuries, many physical disorders and preventative maintenance*.
How Does Kinesio Taping Work?
Kinesio Tape is used to help relax overused muscles recover. Kinesio Tape can also be used in rehabilitation to facilitate underused muscles by having a lifting effect on the skin reducing swelling and inflammation while improving circulations.
What Are Some Kinesio Taping Facts?
- Sport tape has to be changed every few hours, but Kinesio Tape is durable and can be worn for days.
- Kinesio Tape has a 140% elasticity matching skin.
- Kinesio Tape has a 100% high grade cotton patented design enhancing air flow, sweat, and water to enhance the skin’s ability to breath.
- Kinesio Tape gives non-restricted support allowing muscles to perform at full range of motion, easily and comfortably.
- Kinesio Tape offers lasting support and pain relief.
- Kinesio Taping Methods from properly trained medical personnel can structurally lift the skin and allows the flow of body fluids under the application area reducing inflammation and discomfort.
How Do You Use Kinesio Tape?
At Shephard Health we are Always accepting New Patients!
Call Us at (403) 543-7499 to book your Kinesio Taping appointment today!