You Are In Good Hands for Massage Therapy At Shephard Health!
Massage therapy treatments are used for a wide range of medical conditions, because of their effectiveness for reducing stress, elevating pain, and reducing muscle tension. Shephard Health is pleased to offer the following NW Calgary Massage Therapy services:
- Relaxation Massage Therapy
- Deep Tissue Massage Therapy
- Therapeutic Massage Therapy
- Prenatal Massage Therapy
- Hot Stone Massage Therapy
Fees Updated as of March 1, 2018
MASSAGE THERAPY PRICING
ALL SERVICES PROVIDED BY RMT (REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST)
|30 Minute Massage
|45 Minute Massage
|60 Minute Massage
|90 Minute Massage
Massage therapy can be used to treat a wide range of conditions. Your initial visit at Shephard Health involves a detailed analysis of your health history, in order to determine what type of massage therapy suites your needs. The Shephard Health team often recommends massage therapy to treat the following conditions:
Calgary Massage Therapy — More Than Relaxation!
Chronic muscle tension, stress, and injury often create bands of painful, rigid tissue called adhesion’s in muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Muscle adhesions impact circulation, causing pain, limited mobility, and inflammation. Our NW Calgary Massage Therapy clinic offers deep tissue massage, therapeutic massage, and hot stone massage to manually break down these adhesion’s in order to relieve your pain and restore normal movement and range of motion.
Massage therapy is a wonderful treatment on its own or as a compliment to any one of the many wellness services offered at Shephard Health. Aside from the benefits of massage therapy for physical conditions, patients at Shephard Health enjoy massage therapy simply because of its ability to soothe and relieve stress.
Types of NW Calgary Massage Therapy
At Shephard Health, our Massage Therapy Team uses a variety of massage therapy techniques in order to best treat your condition. These techniques include:
- Hot Stone Massage Therapy: This technique incorporates warm, basalt stones that are positioned on your body to enhance the therapeutic benefits of your massage therapy treatment. These ultra-smooth stones are heated in a sanitizing water bath before each use and retain their heat throughout your Hot Stone Massage therapy treatment due to the high iron content in the basalt.Our hot stone massage therapy treatment offers a calming benefit for your physical and psychological state. The heat from the hot stones helps both you and your muscles relax, allowing our massage therapists to work deep into your tissues. Patients that suffer from overly tense muscles tend to relax more with hot stone massage therapy and bask in the warmth of the stones as we release your muscle tension to soothe your sore muscles.
- Therapeutic Massage Therapy: A popular technique that is used by our certified massage therapists to reduce pain, alleviate stress, and to treat both chronic and acute conditions, therapeutic Massage uses a combination of massage techniques to get your blood circulating, to relax and soothe sore muscles. Therapeutic Massage is often recommended to help athletes of all calibers recover after a competitive sporting event or after an intense workout.
- Deep Tissue Massage Therapy: As the name implies, Deep Tissue Massage Therapy is a technique that focuses on the deep layers of muscle and fascia in the body. The Shephard Health massage therapists use slow, firm strokes with deep finger pressure to treat a variety of ailments.
- Prenatal Massage Therapy: Carrying a baby for nine months has a great impact on your musculoskeletal system because of the weight of your growing baby changes your center of gravity. There is extra stress on your upper and lower back, neck, your abdominal muscles, and shoulders. Pregnancy hormones also relax your ligaments causing your pelvic joints to become less stable and by pulling your pelvis forward. This often creates chronic and acute lower back and hip pain. Studies also suggest that prenatal massage therapy may reduce anxiety and decrease symptoms of depression in addition to relieving muscle aches and joint pain.
Learn More about NW Calgary Massage Therapy at Shephard Health
If you are looking for a warm and inviting Calgary Massage Therapy clinic, we would love to hear from you!
Suffering Pain? We Welcome Walk-In Emergencies!
Or Call Our Office 24/7 for the Doctor On Call Phone Number
We Look Forward to Meeting You at Shephard Health